INDOS Financial and Robert Quinn Consulting, the financial compliance consultancy, have produced a practical briefing paper for UK alternative investment fund managers that are currently Small Authorised UK AIFM. The paper covers a range of topics including:
- The calculation of AUM used to measure assets against the €100m threshold;
- On-going obligations to monitor AUM and required action should the threshold be breached;
- Reasons why managers may wish to consider opting up to Full Scope AIFM status;
- AIFMD Annex IV regulatory reporting obligations for Small AIFMs;
- A summary of the FCA Variation of Permission process for firms that no longer meet the Small AIFM exemptions; and
- The implications of being a Full Scope AIFM.